LOCATION: 990 N National Rd, Columbus, IN 47201
REPORTS TO: President of Force Design, Inc.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Associates Degree in Construction Technology, or Journeyman’s experience in the field
The Designer is responsible for the interpretation of design criteria, related code compliance, and creation of permit and construction drawings and specifications. The ideal candidate would be able to create HVAC, gas piping, and domestic water systems as well as electrical panel sizing, lighting layouts, and power distribution plans. The position requires coordination with construction management and field personnel, suppliers, vendors, and other design team members. The Designer must be able to work on several projects at the same time and ensure timely completion of each project deliverable. The work environment is fast paced, requiring responsiveness, resourcefulness, and the ability to rapidly change direction.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional office setting or 5 years applicable field experience in facilities mechanical, plumbing, and/or electrical systems
- Professional licensure is a plus
- Interpersonal Skills:
- “Can do” attitude
- Puts We ahead of Me in group settings
- Capacity to understand the integration between building systems
- Able to communicate issues to the team
- Able to both learn from and mentor peers
- Attentive to schedules and budgets
- Technical Skills:
- Revit & AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with building use groups B, S, F, and H
- Knowledgeable on mechanical, plumbing, and/or electrical building systems
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and design building HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems for proposals and for construction, including specification development.
- Coordinate with other disciplines.
- Develop, categorize, and implement office standards for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing system design
- The employer is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Force Construction Company, Inc.
- The company offers an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- The position requires strong teamwork skills and the ability to work autonomously, independent of management oversight.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org