Company name: Force Design, Inc.
Title of position: Senior Structural Engineer
Position type: Full time
Pay range: DOE
Location: Columbus, Indiana
The Structural Engineer is responsible for the interpretation of design criteria, related structural analysis, and creation of permit and construction drawings and specifications. The position requires coordination with construction management and field personnel, suppliers, vendors, and other design team members. The Structural Engineer must be able to work on several projects at the same time and ensure timely completion of each project deliverable. The right candidate will be asked to work collaboratively as a team, as well as autonomously, without management oversight. The work environment is fast paced, requiring responsiveness, resourcefulness, and the ability to rapidly change direction.
- Licensed professional engineer or licensed structural engineer
- At least 10 years’ experience preferred
- Experience with PEMB, reinforced concrete, steel, wood design, analysis of foundations, concrete structures, bridge falsework, and steel structures.
- “Can do” attitude
- Puts We ahead of Me in group settings
- Able to communicate issues to the team
- Able to both learn from and mentor peers
- Attentive to schedules and budgets
- Revit & AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam
- Applicable structural analysis software(s)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze, design, and create proposal through construction documents for various structures and structural elements.
- Create means and methods drawings for steel, rebar, and other materials.
- Coordinate drawings with other disciplines and respond to field questions, including making on site visits.
- Develop, manage, and implement office standards for structural documentation.
- Work with vendors and subcontractors on unique foundations and steel details.
- Force Design, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Force Construction, Inc., a 75 year old design-build company.
- Health, dental, vision, and 401K benefits are offered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume to email@example.com, or mail to:
Attn: Richard Rouse
Force Construction Company
990 N. National Road
Columbus, IN 47201.